Terminology (was Re: ipset-blacklist: A bash script to ban large numbers of IP addresses published in blacklists_

  • Subject: Terminology (was Re: ipset-blacklist: A bash script to ban large numbers of IP addresses published in blacklists_
  • From: Dianne Skoll <dianne [ at ] skoll [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 21:08:22 -0400
FWIW...

When I ran Roaring Penguin, we were alerted to this issue quite a
while ago and changed our wording to "always block" and "always allow"
back in 2016.

I think that quite apart from not offending anyone, "block" and
"allow" are far more descriptive of what's actually happening than
"black" and "white".  So IMO, it was a good change.

Regards,

Dianne.