Re: ipset-blacklist: A bash script to ban large numbers of IP addresses published in blacklists

  • Subject: Re: ipset-blacklist: A bash script to ban large numbers of IP addresses published in blacklists
  • From: Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 19:26:30 -0400
On 2020-09-07 7:04 p.m., Rick Leir wrote:
Someone related to the Black Lives Matter organization mentioned that the 'blacklist' term was offensive. That is not something that WASPs should debate; offense is in the eye of the offended persons.

We could easily change to use block-list or better reject-list. And for white-list we could use accept-list.

My son told me that I was not being logical. He is the one who had previously called me racist! Logical or not, appearances count.

Sorry for hijacking the thread! Comments please -- Rick

Other possibilities: allow-list, deny-list