Linux / Firefox / New Facebook Issues - anyone else?

So I switched to the new facebook and my browser gets really laggy -
like 20 character type-ahead type stuff.  I switch back and it seems
to go away.

Anyone else seeing this?

Ubuntu 18.04 with latest updates, and latest FF

--
"You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day.
 Unless you are busy, then you should sit for an hour"