Re: question about automating download/install of google's "repo" tool

  • Subject: Re: question about automating download/install of google's "repo" tool
  • From: Rick Leir <rleir [ at ] leirtech [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:14:18 -0400
Robert
But wait, your vim .. it's out of date. And your compiler .. it's out of date.

How frequently does repo get updated? More than vim no doubt. But your dnf update happens frequently, or is it apt-get. And it checks for compatibility with other packages. And you are less likely to stumble at the bleeding edge ( remember openssl and heartbleed? The older version was safe.)

But it is more fun to use the latest of everything, I get you there! Excuse me for arguing here. Thanks for mentioning repo, I should be using it.
Rick