Fwd: seeking info

Sorry, my address book seems to still have the old oclug form.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [linux] seeking info
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 21:40:44 -0500
From: profjohn <profjcnash [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
To: Callie Jones <calypsoraven [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>, Ottawa Linux Users Group
<linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca>

The mintupgrade script ran OK but reported some errors. When it
rebooted, the login seemed to work, then returned to the login screen
again in a loop. I had to pull the power to stop things, then install
from scratch. I'm running on that machine right now. No problems with
it, though there are some minor differences e.g., USB's that are mounted
show up the caja file manager that is the default, but no icon shows up
on the screen.

Note that mintupgrade needs to be manually installed i.e, you have to
run something like

sudo apt install mintupgrade

in a command terminal.

JN