Re: IBM server - install linux

Mike
If your Ubuntu install medium is prepared correctly it will not stop at Grub. Your best course of action is to go back and create the USB flash key correctly.

I say Ubuntu because it is the most user friendly, reliable distro available (preparing for a lengthy discussion here).

But Windows 7 will continue to run fine after that date. You will not get security updates, but the that doesn't change much, the security updates have been screwed up for the last few years anyhow. Your main security risk is the wetware at the keyboard.
Cheers
Rick