Re: Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes

  • Subject: Re: Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 07:42:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 1 Nov 2019, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019, Scott Murphy wrote:
>
> > I’m up for adding a git talk to the November meeting. I’m doing what
> > I expect will be a shorter ansible talk about using it to configure
> > your laptop, workstation, or whatever. I doubt it will be a two hour
> > talk. I suspect that the main points will be covered in 30 to 45
> > minutes.
>
>   so can we get a more precise schedule? as i mentioned, i offered to
> present what can be a 30-minute talk on the architecture of the git
> object database. the oclug web page states, "Robert Day and John Nash
> will lead a discussion on using git", but i have no idea what that
> means.
>
>   can someone clarify whether there is any interest in my proposed
> talk and, if so, where it would fit in the evening? thanks.

  as a followup to this, i think the description of upcoming meetings
should always be more precise and scheduled so that interested parties
can better decide if it's something they're interested in.

  currently, the description is somewhat vague:

  * Scott Murphy will talk about provisioning your personal systems
    with ansible
  * Robert Day and John Nash will lead a discussion on using git

if someone is interested in ansible, they would still be wondering
exactly what the topic would be. more to the point, if someone had no
idea what ansible is, it would be worth adding a couple sentences to
describe it to get their attention.

  and i'm willing to provide a paragraph of exactly what my proposed
talk would be about so attendees would know just what's coming, and if
they care. :-)

  if there's time for my presentation, i'd advertise it socially, but
it would need more detail on the web page.

  thoughts?

rday