Re: How are the oc-linux meetings announced, or is there a master schedule?

  • Subject: Re: How are the oc-linux meetings announced, or is there a master schedule?
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 11:15:43 -0400
On 2019-10-31 09:59, Rick Leir wrote:
> Scott
> Would you mind reminding me when the upcoming meeting is? From memory,
> it is the first Thursday of each month, so it would be... But the
> neurons are over committed.
>
> If we were a meetup group, then there would be a nice ical file
> attached to the announcement email. And we would have new people
> attending. I am not pushing for that, but the ical attachment would be
> nice.

Meetup has changed enough with parent company WeWork under financial
pressure that Meetup has become more and more difficult to justify
financially.  I don't know where they are headed, but I know of a number
of groups that have stopped using the platform and others that are
actively campaigning to find community-friendly alternatives.

> Rick

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!