Request for Advice On Choosing a Device for Installing Elementary.io

Hello!
I am totally uninitiated with GNU-Linux, but after seeing a video with Stephen Fry, I thought, "If I can make the switch, I'm in!"  After reading different reviews on various 2019 distributions, I purchased the "Elementary" operating system. (https://elementary.io/). I would like to have any advice about installing it. Up until now, I have only been a PC and Macbook Pro user.

QUESTIONS
1.   Apple or IBM Device?:  I would like to know if I should or can buy a factory Macbook Pro device or a regular factory built PC laptop. (Can either of these be purchased without OS preinstalled? PS I notice that BestBuy online shows many used macbook pros for sale. Would one of those do if I don't want to pay top dollar for the Mac OS?)
2.   Factory or Custom Build?: Should I have a technician do a build if neither of those will do (as they all seem to come loaded with windows or OS Lion or whatever and why pay for it if one is just going to replace it.)
3.   Who Should Install the OS distribution?:  Whether I get a custom build or a pre-built factory device, should I have the shop technician install my software (give him the software on a usb to load for me), or should I try to do it myself at home on an unloaded device?
5.   Where Should I Buy/Get Service?:  Finally, which shop is the best in Ottawa for the recommended device that you think I should get?

I realise this is a lot to ask of you and probably have a lot of things to do. If you only have time for answering one question, I thank you for that, too. I really appreciate anyone who is generous enough to help out a stranger.
Thank you.
Robert Gates
Aylmer, PQ