Re: Re: dealing with bad blocks?

On a related note to my post just now about the new rig - this problem
eventually came back a few weeks later but we were in the middle of a
move and having a new baby so I did not have time to mess with it -
just had to suffer a long time!  I ended up buying a used rig from a
buddy that was cast-offs for him but a sweet upgrade for me!   Finally
got around to trying it out - moved my hard drives over to it and it
booted right up and the only issue was the network as per my other
email just now.  Otherwise working great and the hangs have gone away
in the short term.  I'll report back in this thread in a few days to
let you know if they are gone for good.

New-to-me system has 8 SATA ports - wheeee!   :-)

--
"You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day.
 Unless you are busy, then you should sit for an hour"