Re: ok, what is the most "newbie-friendly" version of linux these days?

  • Subject: Re: ok, what is the most "newbie-friendly" version of linux these days?
  • From: Dianne Skoll <dianne [ at ] skoll [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 21:12:47 -0500
On 2/24/19 11:03 AM, Rob Echlin wrote:

The best distro for newbies is the one that comes with an expert to
help them out.

Yes, this.  My mom has been running Debian for many years.  That's
because I set it up for her and gave her a simple XFCE4 desktop that
has exactly what she needs, and I'm available for tech support.

My mom's in the unusual situation of never having used Windows at all.
So to her, Linux is just "how the computer works" and I'm pretty sure
she wouldn't find Windows or Mac OS X any more newbie-friendly than what
she's used to.

Regards,

Dianne.