Re: dealing with bad blocks?

What file system?
Have you used raid with that motherboard before?

On January 10, 2019 9:14:42 PM Alan McKay <alan [ dot ] mckay [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:
Hey folks,

I just bought 2 new SSDs and reinstalled the latest CentOS7 on a RAID1 configuration on my desktop, and ever since then have been having annoying problems of the system hanging for 10 seconds to a couple of minutes, and it will do this every 5 or 10 minutes. I had a feeling right from the beginning that I was dealing with bad blocks so I started googling for ways to deal with that.

Anyway, I just had it hang again and did CTRL-ALT-F2 to get a console, and from there I saw this for the first time

https://imgur.com/gallery/Vv4A69A

And I'm not 100% sure what the problem is, though it does clearly seem to be a disk problem.

I guess since I am fully RAID1 my next step will be to power down and unplug a disk and boot it up, and wait to see if I have the issue. If so then power down again and try the other drive.

From this can someone confirm the problem? And how to deal with it? I guess since these are brand new disks only in operation 2 or 3 weeks I should be looking at warranty no? Or should I use the badblocks program or something else to deal with it?

--
"You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day.
Unless you are busy, then you should sit for an hour"