Monitoring and logging of DSL modem / link performance

In case anyone is interested I asked last week on the TekSavvy dslreports.com forum if anyone knew of monitoring software for DSL modems and line stats.

I was referred to this program: http://dslstats.me.uk

It supports many modems (including SmartRG) and provides graphing and logging.

It's pretty decent for an all-inclusive, GUI-based program and has some nice displays. No package available AFAIK; just unzip and run it. It's GPL, although you have to request the code. It is is written in an F/LOSS cross-platform object Pascal so you probably won't be hacking it right away ;-)

Still, I would prefer an approach that was more daemon-like, with a logging core, and external and optional gui interface to that... in case anyone can direct me to such. If it's out there my search failed.

cheers,

Brett