Re: [OCLUG-Tech] can i set up a d-link DCS-936L network camera to view via linux?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] can i set up a d-link DCS-936L network camera to view via linux?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:15:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:

> On 2017-09-20 04:09, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> >   in short, at least for this camera, i absolutely require an
> > android or iphone with the d-link app for the initial
> > configuration, which is kind of a pain, unless i have this
> > completely wrong.
>
> This would surprise me and I'd take it back if that were the case,
> but it is possible that there is no other way to configure it.

  given that you mentioned the lumenera cameras, how would those be
any different? i looked at one here:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lumenera-Le165CP-1-4-MP-Progressive-Scan-HAD-CCD-Network-Surveillance-Camera-/201696592058?hash=item2ef60dc0ba:g:tc8AAOSw8w1X4bCe

and noticed right away the photo of the back, which shows an ethernet
port, so i'm assuming that would allow me to (temporarily) connect to
my in-house router and configure the camera, at which point i would
want to move it elsewhere and access it via wi-fi -- is that how a
router like that would work?

  am i even asking the right questions?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca