[OCLUG-Tech] Linux infotainment/automotive platform questions

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux infotainment/automotive platform questions
  • From: Craig Lord <craig [ at ] obj [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 15:22:38 -0400
Hello,

My name is Craig Lord, I'm a reporter with the Ottawa Business Journal. I'm
working on a story right now about Toyota's decision to use a Linux-based
platform for its in-car infotainment platform as opposed to local company
BlackBerry QNX.
I'm wondering if anyone at the Ottawa Linux Users group could suggest a
local contact who could give me some context on the benefits of Linux as an
infotainment system and what the benefits are of using it as an open-source
solution for a company such as Toyota.

If anyone comes to mind, please let me know! Thank you!

--
Craig Lord
Reporter, Ottawa Business Journal