Re: [OCLUG-Tech] domain registration and web hosting

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 13:28:06 +0000
jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca wrote:

> Where it may become harder for a cheap hosting is the SSH and the
> SVN.

For hosting, I'm pretty happy with OVH.  https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/

You get a KVM virtual machine, with which you can do whatever you
like.  Hosted in Canada.  KVM-over-IP (the other KVM, I
mean... Keyboard/Video/Mouse as opposed to Kernel Virtual Machine. :))

Tech support is excellent.  Cheap.  IPv6 available.  It fits my needs
perfectly.

CPanel is available, but I don't use it.  I prefer to manage the box
directly with Linux tools.

I use their $8.99/month VPS SSD 2 plan at
https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/vps/vps-ssd.xml

Regards,

Dianne.