Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how can I control network bandwidth usage?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how can I control network bandwidth usage?
  • From: Alex Pilon <alp [ at ] alexpilon [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:12:08 -0400
On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 02:56:30PM -0400, Don Hey wrote:
> If you want a software based solution, I've played with Wonder Shaper and
> it may be worth a look:
>
> http://lartc.org/wondershaper/

That's deprecated.

    https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Wondershaper_Must_Die/
    http://web.archive.org/web/20160428162546/http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Wondershaper_Must_Die

I'd recommend some other wrapper in your plasticky router-oriented
embedded Linux distro's web interface, or just use the queueing
disciplines directly:

- token bucket filter
- fair queue codel

P.S. Can you please not remove all the quoting, pretty please? It really
     messes up the next reader because it's not obvious which bits of
     the message are noise, or yours. It's really bad netiquette.