[OCLUG-Tech] Viewing jpg images with comments

I've been using mapivi to add comments to jpg photos. This works fairly well, but the
interface is not terribly nice for just viewing the images. Unfortunately, I can't seem
to find a (linux) image viewer that shows the image and displays the comments too. In fact,
a lot of viewers make it difficult or impossible to see them, and all (except mapivi, which
doesn't do a great display of the image) fail to show the comments without doing a lot of
extra mouse clicks.

Essentially, I'd like to configure a fairly ordinary image viewer to show the IPTC comment
with the image.

Does anyone know of a suitable viewer. Since libjpeg-progs provides rdjpgcom, it OUGHT to be
available, but ...

Cheers, JN