Re: [OCLUG-Tech] looking for a new host for my web site for april 1

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

 so, recommendations for local hosting to which i can move this?
thanks.

Canadian Web Hosting / cacloud.ca is consistently professional and helpful, from their tech support to billing. I get _way_ more support responsiveness from them than I pay for ($0 for my VMs, just the basics).

Of course, I am understand that tech support can be a crappy job sometimes, so I go out of my way to be pleasant and appreciateive in my communications with them. And yes - you can talk with someone on the phone too, without difficulty.

I always get a feeling of confidence when the support tickets all have full real names and even phone extensions with them.

They're Vancouver-based but have a Toronto centre. Only shortcoming to me is that they are a Vanix but not Torix member - but I'm working on them.... :-)

My other server is by my feet, at the end of a Teksavvy connection. It primarily runs a phpList mail list, mostly for locals. If the g-men want the data from that, they'll have to hack it - or I'll know they came for and took it.

Brett