Re: [OCLUG-Tech] February Meeting: 2017-02-02 @ 19:00

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] February Meeting: 2017-02-02 @ 19:00
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 21:34:37 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Stephen,
(Phone or Desktop? "Desktop" - I forgot there was a real live Ubuntu phone out there, or is it 2 now?)
Yes, it remembers the SSID and password and logs in to the network - after I login to the computer.
The trouble is, I want to run server software on my second laptop.Currently, I have to login to that server laptop in order for the network to start up.
Please, SSH to your WiFi-only computer before you log in to the windowing system.Just to save you time in case you haven't installed an ssh server on that laptop yet, the package I installed is openssh-server.
I am using 16.04 LTS, Xubuntu.

All my very best,Rob -- Rob Echlin, B. Eng. 613-266-8311 -  Ottawa, ONhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_echlin/ - http://talksoftware.wordpress.com