[OCLUG-Tech] Open Source IEEE Standards event @uOttawa - August 8th

I’m passing this on for anyone who might be interested in participating. If you are interested in participating, contact Alfredo Herrera. Contact details are at the bottom.

-------------

I am helping organize an event for the IEEE Standards Association in Ottawa. The topic will be on Open Source beyond software, notably for standards. Our plan is to focus on use case​s. We would like to invite industry and key members of the open source community to have a discussion on this topic. This event is part of the IEEE Standards Association outreach program, and from that
perspective we want to invite those working with standards and open source to:
•    reduce development cost
•    accelerate time-to-market
•    mitigate vendor lock-in
•    expand organizational innovation capabilities
•    build community

​(These are know to open source community members, but they are not obvious to corporations, or traditional standards bodies.)​

Invitation to Open Source IEEE Standards event @uOttawa - August 8th

Our draft agenda currently looks like this:
  1-1:15 Introductory remarks—Don Wright, president elect IEEE-SA
  1:15-1:45 Use Case 1: Stefan Schlichting, Draeger, IEEE P11073
  1:45-2:45 Panel: Open Source, Open Standards
     o- Chuck Adams, Huawei (IEEE-SA CAG member)
     o- Ashutosh Dutta, AT&T, IEEE 5G co-chair
     o- Phil Wennblom, Intel (IEEE-SA CAG member *)
     o- 1-2 MORE SPEAKERS AND MODERATOR
  2:45-3 Break
  3-3:45 Open Sources Licenses, Challenges and
         Opportunities—Latonia Gordon, Microsoft (IEEE-SA CAG member)
  3:45-4:30 Use Case 2: University of Ottawa—Alfredo Herrera
  4:30-5 Wrap-up and thank you—Don Wright

Could you share details of this event with members of your community that may want to participate?

​Thank you in advance,

--
***
Alfredo,