Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Simple Chron Job request

On 03/06/16 02:38 PM, Trevor James wrote:
> Good Day everyone, I know this is one that someone in the know can do in about 2 minutes and will take me a couple of hours of google time to figure out.
Dunno if it's the best way to test the backup or so but the task it self
is simple enough (and with some testing it took 5min, not 2)

#Prep - create the table
mysql test -e "create table test ( counter int auto_increment, changed
timestamp default current_timestamp , primary key (counter));"

#bash script ~/bin/AddData.sh
sleep $(($RANDOM%60*60)) # sleep 0-59 minutes
mysql test -e "insert into test values (null,null);" # add the value

#cronjob
0 * * * * ~/bin/AddData.sh