Re: [OCLUG-Tech] recommendations for spell-checking sizable source code base?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] recommendations for spell-checking sizable source code base?
  • From: Alex Pilon <alp [ at ] alexpilon [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 17:24:53 -0400
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 05:07:17AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   any suggestions for tools and corresponding dictionaries that are
> already decently set up to spell check a C language code base?

Given all the Linux kernel-specific lingo, I'm not sure you'll find a
general solution that entirely solves the problem. I wouldn't count on
a VFS discussion passing a spellchecker, though I'm more worried about
C symbols and the like spelt correctly in a context being incorrect in
another, because a spell-checker is not usually context-sensitive.

Could you clarify how much you expect of this?

Regards,

Alex Pilon