Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Home built PC w/ Win10 cannot get Ubuntu

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Home built PC w/ Win10 cannot get Ubuntu
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 19:53:29 -0500
On 16-03-01 05:12 PM, jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca wrote:
Today, my son and I assembled a brand new PC,
Reboot from the USB key, and try to manually run grub-install /dev/sda.
Also get an error message.

Anyone has an idea what I did wrong ? I set the motherboard to be in
Legacy mode. This is a recent ASUS motherboard, on a Intel Core i3 system.

Perhaps something to do with secure boot? Perhaps Grub does not like being on another type of filesystem?

(sorry I have no ideas but those are just what I would think to check offhand)

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe