Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OpenStack

Actually, without disclosing much more, I can say that this is in the
context of a very large implementation, very large systems. As I realise
this is not necessarily an everyday situation, does nayone know of a large
company who uses such OpenStack in a large implementation ? Something local
to Ottawa's area, is possible.

Merci :-)

Quoting Rick Leir <rick [ dot ] leir [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com>:

OpenStack is a big complex system which is used for large systems. For
most cases Docker is much more practical. But as others have said,  what
will it be used for. Will you host it yourself? Will you run a mix of
OS's? Distributed servers? Size? Uptime constraints? Security? Budget?
Schedule?

Someone at my office was wondering about different cloud solutions, and

three solutions were considered:

Microsoft Azure - Other contacts told him to stay away
VMware vRA - Very expensive
OpenStack - The remaining option

Does anyone use or knows a place where OpenStack is actually implemented