Re: [OCLUG-Tech] trying to get my new ASUS laptop to see a M.2 SSD drive

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] trying to get my new ASUS laptop to see a M.2 SSD drive
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:51:21 -0500
Quoting ProfJCNash <profjcnash [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

Possibly silly thought: Can you check that SSD is functional in another
machine of some sort?

  arrrggghhh ... never mind, spencer cheng asked the right question, as in
what interface it uses. the laptop has PCIe slots, but the SSD uses a
SATA III interface. can't believe i didn't notice that, but i'm also
irked with where i bought this because i bought both the laptop and the
SSD drive at the same time and *specifically* said i wanted to put
that drive in that laptop, and no one warned me off. grrrrrr ...

rday