Re: [OCLUG-Tech] place in ottawa to take old laptops for recycling?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] place in ottawa to take old laptops for recycling?
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 19:38:18 +0000 (UTC)
HiTTE used to take back things that they can sell for cheap, which they dealt with in a separate store area 3 units down.Maybe they still do?Are they are an official e-waste recycling center?
If you don't want to go all the way to Bells Corners, the Salvation Army takes e-waste.If I was going to be at the meeting, I would take it for my Scout troop, which also collects e-waste and metal for recycling.They take old lawn mowers, fridges, hunks of molded aluminum from cars, especially from this scouting area. But I don't even have a car to take such stuff home, and I won't be at the meetings this year.

All my very best,Rob -- Rob Echlin, B. Eng. 613-266-8311 -  Ottawa, ONhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_echlin/ - http://talksoftware.wordpress.com