Re: [OCLUG-Tech] VirtualBox network connection

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 12:32:37PM -0400, ProfJCNash wrote:
> I'm trying to get a (legal) Windows 7 Pro 32 bit virtual machine running
> under VirtualBox […] but get a failure to check updates ("service not
> running", even though the services are running). Some postings on Net
> suggest that the issue is the fake network card in VirtualBox and that
> there is a way -- possibly inconvenient -- to set up a direct connection
> to the real network card on the machine.
>
> Has anyone experience (or any knowledge) of doing that?

Yes, on OS X a while back, and on Linux with QEMU. The theory is the same.

Do you just not know where to start, or are you having issues with
setting up a bridged connection in VirtualBox? Go to the network
interface card settings of your virtual machine, change the network
adapter to bridged mode from the userspace NAT mode, and make the
interface to bridge to your Ethernet interface.

Regards,

Alex Pilon