[OCLUG-Tech] Thunderbird with Microsoft Exchange

This is to follow up my question of a few days ago to report outcome.

I discovered that Davmail worked fine on one account which I already had
on the uOttawa current Exchange Server. I had been forwarding to gmail,
so I installed Davmail locally, followed the tutorial (mentioned in
earlier post -- only used email bit)

http://nknu.net/ubuntu-14-04-exchange-configuration-thunderbird-pidgin/

I got my nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca account moved from mailbox.uottawa.ca to the
Exchange server. Experience:

- for some reason (it may be how the transition works with a weird
forwarding of nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca to nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca), I get duplicate
entries in Sent, though "Remove duplicates" in Thunderbird does not
detect them as duplicates. If anyone has ideas, this is a minor nuisance.

- mailman for R-help list refused postings from me. I change to my gmail
account for that and got going. It will be interesting to see if this
posting gets blocked. The email handle is the same, but something has
changed that mailman for R-help saw.

I had a couple of responses on this list of people using Evolution
successfully. That would not suit my needs, however, because of existing
setup with Calendars and mail accounts.

Nobody commented on Exquilla.

Best, JN