Re: [OCLUG-Tech] still more dev kits to give away to good homes

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] still more dev kits to give away to good homes
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:03:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 29 May 2015, Justin R wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We spoke briefly of a good board with easily accessible sensor and
> servo interaction.  You recommended the Galileo, and I agree it's
> best for my purposes:
>
> * Embedded GNU/Linux (thus Direct access to I/O via sysfs)
> * Native I2C support
> * Native PWM support
> * Toggleable 3.3v and 5v

... snip ...

  not sure if you're aware, but there is already a gen 2 of the
galileo board:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121821&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-_-DSA-_-CategoryPages-_-NA&gclid=CPeyi-PEh8YCFcmQHwodYCIA8g

would that represent any significant improvement for what you're
thinking of doing?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca