Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Is there a place on the OCLUG page I can buy advertising space for training?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Is there a place on the OCLUG page I can buy advertising space for training?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 10:57:58 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 28 May 2015, Prof J C Nash (U30A) wrote:

> This is timely, as OCLUG Board is meeting tonight.
>
> Personal view (do not take as Board position): This does fit with our
> mandate. It is appropriate for the web site to have moderated
> "announcements" that are <= 4 lines, say, and at no charge. We used to
> run a mailing list for this, but multiple lists are a pain and we
> dropped them. It is also worth considering "ads". The question then is a
> policy. I don't want ads for MS Office on our site, for example, nor KFC
> etc. And we need to work out what is reasonable pricing so it is
> attractive to vendors of Linux products and services and covers OCLUG
> efforts to administer.
>
> I will be suggesting that OCLUG consider this seriously, and that we
> experiment, since we have a more or less "tame" advertiser in Robert
> with whom we can presumably have a fairly open conversation.
>
> Best, JN

  thanks, i appreciate that info. and FYI, for that upcoming git
course, i already added an OCLUG discount code for any OCLUG members
(code "OCLUG", predictably) although i'm going to guess there aren't a
lot of OCLUG members who need an intro course in git. but you're
welcome to tell your friends and family and tell them the discount
code -- i'm pretty easy-going about that sort of thing. :-)

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca