[OCLUG-Tech] Is there a place on the OCLUG page I can buy advertising space for training?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Is there a place on the OCLUG page I can buy advertising space for training?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:49:38 -0400 (EDT)
  NOTE: What's coming up constitutes marketing on my part, but I'm
going to ask just this one time.

  Is there a way to purchase advertising space on the OCLUG web page
to advertise some of my courses that I plan on starting to teach
locally next month here in town? Currently, I have the following 1-day
Git course scheduled for next month:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-git-version-control-1-day-tickets-16939612838?aff=es2

  I suspect most OCLUG members know that I spend most of my time doing
Linux- and open source-related training and, until now, I've spent a
majority of my time teaching for other vendors (Red Hat among others),
but I want to start focusing on delivering more local courses of my
own, here in the Ottawa area.

  My particular interest is in short, *focused* courses -- one or two
days if possible, simply because most of the clients I've chatted with
over the years say they just don't have the time to send people to
3/4/5-day classes, particularly if there's only *part* of the course
they want. (That is a *ridiculously* common complaint about training
courses these days.)

  Along with short courses, my other interest is offering courses that
aren't crazy, stupid expensive. I don't need to be greedy, I just want
to make a decent living teaching locally.

  Anyway, I was wondering if there is some kind of mechanism by which
I can purchase advertising space on the OCLUG site somewhere to
advertise upcoming courses. As another option, I can offer discounts
to anyone who is a member of OCLUG. Lots of possibilities, I'm sure.

  In any event, thoughts? I have a number of short courses I'm working
on that I want to start putting on the schedule, and I'm open to any
way to get the word out, and I have no problem paying for advertising
space.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca