[OCLUG-Tech] general ideas on browser security

A couple of years ago I discovered how to make multiple profiles for
Firefox and ended up with a "Secured Browser" button on my Linux Mint
panel that launches Firefox with NoScript and some other stuff in a
fairly strict mode for my banking and related use. I find this works
well, and suggested to NCF that maybe this should be documented for
their users.

The response has been that it would be better to have users use just one
browser, and that one set up so it is "safe". I've tried using my
secured setting generally -- the nagging makes it an unpleasant
experience. But I can understand that with very non-tech users, my use
of the term "second browser" raised red flags.

My queries here are:

1) am I living in a fool's paradise if I think my "secured browser" is
any safer than a general browser. My gut feeling is that I should not
mix general browsing with transactions.

2a) could an even better "transaction app" (get rid of the word browser,
as one is not browsing) be set up  and made easy to use on common platforms

or

2b) could a general browser have enhanced security when one goes to
nominated sites e.g., bank, credit card, etc. (I worry that clever
script hacks could turn off such measures if other windows are open.)

3) Would this make a useful topic for both meeting and online (wiki?)
discussion and possibly development under the OCLUG banner?

Best, JN