Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Nullmailer on Ubuntu 12.04

On 2015-05-02 14:30, Alex Pilon wrote:
On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 10:30:51AM -0400, Bill Strosberg wrote:
 From what Spamhaus is saying it means you have an open relay - allowing
systems external to your network the ability to send mail from your
server without any authentication.  Basically this means you are
accepting connections to use your server as a "sender" of anything
without making sure it is an authorized user.
Even if it is only that, if he's in a residential area in a dynamic
range, he likely will be in a blacklist anyhow. Some exchanges will even
refuse mail from the static IP ranges of ISPs. For example, att.com and
bbox.fr refuse mail from me, forcing me to relay through
smtp.teksavvy.com.

I am sending the mail through my provider's smtp, just as I do from my mail client.