[OCLUG-Tech] Nullmailer on Ubuntu 12.04

Last year I decided to teach myself a bit about Linux and setup a Linux server at home. It is being used as a webserver, as well as having a c++ development toolchain. I also use it for developing 'Meteor' apps.

In the past month, I have realized that some blacklists have decided to list my IP. Spamhaus suggests in its documentation that my outgoing email is not correctly using SMTP Authentication.

I suspect my problem is with nullmailer, and the fact that it does not seem to support STARTTLS on ubuntu 12.04.

Is there any way I can tell from email headers whether smtp authentication was used in sending a particular email?

Anyway, I am looking to hire a linux consultant, on an hourly basis, to help me resolve this issue; and in the future, also help me setup a few other unrelated tweaks on my server (such as running two versions of PHP).

Are there any ubuntu experts on this list available for occasional hourly contract work? If so, feel free to contact me.

David