[OCLUG-Tech] April Meeting and AGM: 2015-04-02 @ 18:30

Location: Rosemount branch of the Ottawa Public Library

This is our AGM and election of board members.

We will have our election of officers at the meeting. As of this point, we have the following people on the slate:

* Ian Gorman
* Kelly Kendrick
* Scott Murphy
* John Nash
* Aaron Wilcox

We could use an additional candidate, however five is a comfortable number. Based on the current rules regarding the board, four is the minimum, six is the maximum. We prefer to have more than the minimum in case of circumstances requiring an existing member to step down.

In addition, according to the bylaws of the non-profit corporation, we require at least 20 people to be present, either in person or via proxy. We will have a sign-up sheet for the election and will require all present to sign in order to prove the election was held in compliance with the bylaws.

Proxies can be registered by sending an email to the board email address (board dash members at oclug.on.ca) prior to 17:00 on Wednesday, April 1st so that we have a record prior to the election. There is a format to follow that was sent to the list previously.

Following the AGM, we will have a short talk on hard drive recovery from Scott followed by the main presentation on mutt from Richard by Roland.

There will be a one hour pre-meeting item from 17:30 to 18:30 for people who are new to Linux, have general questions, or wish to help out with people who are just getting started.

After the meeting, there will be a social event at one of the nearby pubs or restaurants. A short discussion and vote as to location will be taken then.

After the main talk and possibly the BoF, there will be the opportunity for a GPG key signing. This is a monthly offering, just look for Scott after the talk and we can go from there. Bring some kind of photo ID and some keyslips if you expect people to sign your key.If you need some method of creating pages of keyslips, there is an online slip generator available.

Note: We will be meeting at the Rosemount branch of the Ottawa Public Library, 18 Rosemount Avenue near Wellington. Street parking is available and there are bus routes (2, 14) that run nearby. As this is the OPL, we have to be done by 20:15.

Note: We are always soliciting speakers for future meetings. If anyone wants to get up and cover a favourite project, solution, etc. feel free to contact the board with an outline.