Re: [OCLUG-Tech] is there still a market for linux kernel books?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] is there still a market for linux kernel books?
  • From: Jean-Francois Messier <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:34:52 -0500
I like reading several books about some programming of one kind or another. I have all new books in electronic format and again, for XMas, I got a printed book, and the giver offered me the option of actually having it in Ebook insted, for which I said YES.

The topic of the book definitely still needs updated references about kernel programming, IMHO. But I think EBooks are the way to go and I say that because it may influence the development of your content. One aspect of ebooks is that pictures do not scale very well when zooming.

Is the target market for printed books or EBooks ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabĀ® S