Re: [OCLUG-Tech] GPX Files

On Friday, July 04, 2014 11:16:52 AM Mike wrote:
> On Thursday, July 03, 2014 05:21:47 PM Bruce wrote:
> > Mike,
> >
> > I'm very familiar in fact I'm try to use gpsbabel to do what you suggested
> > with the command:
> >
> > gpsbabel -i gpx -f myarea.gpx -i gpx -f findsdww.gpx -i gpx -f geoclo.gpx
> > -i gpx -f gisguy.gpx -i gpx -f Greely.gpx -i gpx -x
> > duplicate,shortname,all -o gpx -F todolist.gpx
> >
> > This is suppose to work for group caching, but I'm still left with a lot
> > of
> > my own FOUND caches in the file GPX file.  Hence my trying to remove them
> > post mortem.

I just came across an answer to this here

http://www.gps.org.nz/node/147

gpsbabel -i gpx -f caches-nz.gpx -f caches-world-found.gpx \
  -f caches-world-found.gpx -f caches-nz-placed.gpx \
  -f caches-nz-placed.gpx -f caches-nz-unavailable.gpx \
  -f caches-nz-unavailable.gpx -x duplicate,shortname,all \
  -o gpx -F caches-nz-active.gpx
echo "Produced: Caches Active/Unfound (NZ)"
By adding the caches to be removed twice it ensures that the files are duplicate and thus
removed, and not readded if they were ommited removed previously in the PQ.

I'm working on getting the files names added automatically so when the querynbame changes I do
not have to reedit the script.

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600