Re: [OCLUG-Tech] GPX Files

Mike,

I'm very familiar in fact I'm try to use gpsbabel to do what you suggested
with the command:

gpsbabel -i gpx -f myarea.gpx -i gpx -f findsdww.gpx -i gpx -f geoclo.gpx -i
gpx -f gisguy.gpx -i gpx -f Greely.gpx -i gpx -x duplicate,shortname,all -o
gpx -F todolist.gpx

This is suppose to work for group caching, but I'm still left with a lot of my
own FOUND caches in the file GPX file.  Hence my trying to remove them
post mortem.

On Thursday, July 03, 2014 03:07:43 PM linux-request [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 15:07:31 -0400
> From: Mike <ba600 [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
> To: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
> Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] GPX Files
>
> On Thursday, July 03, 2014 12:34:52 PM Bruce wrote:
> > OCLUG,
> >

> > I need script would delete all my found caches in a
> > GPX file. This is a XML based file format.
>
> Have you tried gpsbabel?
> if you run the pocket querie of your found caches then this should do it
>

> *gpsbabel -i gpx -f caches.gpx  -f found.gpx -x duplicate,shortname,all -o
> gpx -F filtered.gpx*
>
> where caches.gpx is the gpx file that you want to clean up amd
found.gpx is
> the output of your  found pocket querie
>
> If you've already removed some of the found queries than you'll run it a
> second time
>
> I just came across a similar script to merge all my pocket queries and
> remove duplicates.
>

> --
> Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600

message navigation