Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there playing with an intel galileo board?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there playing with an intel galileo board?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 06:42:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 8 May 2014, Dmitriy Korovkin wrote:

> Good day,

> Linux is quite well supported on Galileo boards, all the sources are
> available. Just do not grab 0.7.5, try to do more research, there
> are newer versions. I did not try anything related to it's Arduino
> part.

  i have no interest in the arduino part, just the linux side. and i
already found references to the much newer 1.0.0 release:

https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/22476-102-2-26020/Quark_BSP_BuildandSWUserGuide_329687_005.pdf

but at the moment, i have been fighting (with no luck) to just boot
the board from the SD card. it boots from the the SPI-based linux, but
i spent hours yesterday trying to format and populate a simple SD card
from which to boot.

  have you (or anyone else here) done this? is there a trick? anyone
who can explain how to do this gets a free beer. or two. or however
many they can drink until they slide under the table.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca