Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT] any recommendations on shipping to ogdensburg, NY for pickup?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT] any recommendations on shipping to ogdensburg, NY for pickup?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:59:35 -0500
Quoting Brett Delmage <brett [ at ] twobikes [ dot ] ottawa [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca>:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

and drive down, pick it up, and
pay the duty on the way back at the border.

*Drive* down for a pickup? At $0.40/km is that really cost-effective compared to shipping? I guess for something very heavy... or that cannot be shipped.

  what i'm looking at is a case of fine wine and spirits, so we're
talking several hundred dollars worth of stuff. at that price,
i'm fine driving down and back. :-)

rday