Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT] any recommendations on shipping to ogdensburg, NY for pickup?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

and drive down, pick it up, and
pay the duty on the way back at the border.

*Drive* down for a pickup? At $0.40/km is that really cost-effective compared to shipping? I guess for something very heavy... or that cannot be shipped.

so ... recommendations?

reship .com

They are in Portland OR so you don't pay any state sales tax no matter where you order from.

Lots of US places I order from are free shipping within US, and it doesn't cost much more, if anything, to reship from Portland. It could take a little longer.

They'll reship your preferred method (USPS, Fedex, etc.) for a $5 handling fee + shipping. You get a street address, so no issue that supplier 'won't ship to PO boxes'. Everything is handled via their website.

I have used them for several years including just last month and am totally satisfied.

Brett