Re: [OCLUG-Tech] free mailing list host

On 11/30/2013 09:19 AM, Stewart Bill wrote:

> Mailman is really good software, and with the end of the long Majordomo
> era, the standard FOSS mailing list app.  It has a classically simple
> functional interface that lets you do almost anything you want to with a
> mailing list.
Mailman is what I'm running at home and for another club so I know all
about it (just sad some subscribers doesn't understand why sending to
list-owner [ at ] some [ dot ] tld doesn't work - even after I told them several
times), just don't want to be responsible for this one also so I want it
hosted elsewhere.

> Their wiki has a nice long list of commercial providers updated
> recently:
> http://wiki.list.org/display/COM/Mailman+hosting+services
Will check that one since I want to move some list out of the house

> Mailman is increasingly showing up - along with lots of other FOSS from
> analytics to wikis - in panels of website hosters, so might well be
> bundled if you host your website with an external provider.
That is my current plane - start with checking on what the hosting
provider they currently use has to offer, but if it's any of the one I
already seen it's kind of useless. Broadcast only, you managed 100% of
the emails(users can't) and any message must be created in the provided
editor (which doesn't allow attachments or even pictures) - not just
send an email to some email address.

mailchimp/Yahoo/google, adding them to my list of things to check on.