Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Hardware Problems

On 13-11-22 03:19 PM, Shawn H Corey wrote:
Well, I removed one SIMM and it now works. So I moved them around and
they both work in one slot but not the other. So, the problem could be
the power supply or on the motherboard. I don't know how to determine
which.

Sounds like you have determined it. Power supply is common to the whole motherboard. One slot will not work with memory that is "good by test" in the other slot. SO that slot has a problem. Could be dirt, cold solder joint, tin whisker, etc.

Can you work with less memory? are there other memory slots that you can use?

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe