Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Hardware Problems

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Hardware Problems
  • From: "Jean-Francois Messier" <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:57:04 -0700
Other than disconnecting everything from the case, and grounding
yourself to the box, I think this should be OK. Keep any splitter,
extension, or other cable you may be using, just in case the new one
needs those. As for a replacement power supply, you may want to check
the exact motherboard model number and google it to see which type of PS
is actually needed. If you [still] have the motherboard manual, you can
take it to Canada Computers (for example), and they will make sure you
have the proper replacement unit for your computer. Otherwise, this may
be frustrating. Connectors may have changed in the last few years. I am
not sure enough on this.

JF
---
Le code source libre c'est l'ouverture de l'esprit.
Open Source is open minded.