Re: [OCLUG-Tech] thanks to all who showed up last night and braved my talk on device trees

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] thanks to all who showed up last night and braved my talk on device trees
  • From: Randy MacLeod <rwmacleod [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 20:35:32 -0500
On 8 Nov 2013 06:10, "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca> wrote:

>   and to answer an apres-talk question, it appears i was premature in
> suggesting that 64-bit ARM processors already exist, it seems they're
> coming in 2014:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/arm-armv8-cortex-a53-cortex-a57,18834.html

Isn't the Apple A7 the first widely used 64 bit Arm chip?

Oh, it turns out that the first 64 bit Arm chip was:

AppliedMicro Showcases World’s First 64-bit ARM v8 Core". AppliedMicro.
October 27, 2011

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A7

But yeah next year will be interesting wrt Arm64.

Thanks for doing the presentation Rob.

../Randy