Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Remote desktop for Ubuntu 13.10

I had the commercial NX working for a demo with Ubuntu 12.04. I had to do
something to force the 2d "fall back" mode. Unfortunately I deleted that VM
and can't remember what I did.

I would recommend VNC. It works well enough over a LAN. I have used the
vnc4server package in the past with good results.

It would seem that xrdp is only a proxy for VNC. I guess the advantage
there is that you don't need to install anything extra on the client end.
Seems to me that it is just adding extra bits that can break.

--
sg