Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Remote desktop for Ubuntu 13.10

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Remote desktop for Ubuntu 13.10
  • From: "Jean-Francois Messier" <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 14:33:59 -0700
With the new environments under Ubuntu, as well as Gnome 3, it was
impossible to establish a graphic session using NX. The problem were in
the 3D thing of the new desktops. All I could get working was
TeamViewer, and it is not very good, considering the  fast connection I
have with the server, and the fact that they nag you for money all the
time. Are there special configurations I should use under NX to get it
working ? On the No-Machine.com site, they are also talking about
problems on the later versions of Ubuntu, but they only talk about
versions 11 and up. A bit old, as far as I know. This parameter for the
classic desktop did not work for me.

I don't mind re-installing the server for this, in order to clean it up
of possible bad/demains of config files, but I am looking for something
that is working. I currently use Windows XP at work (yes, I'm at the
Government, so what else can I expect..............).

That might be a subject for discussion at the next meeting, for those
interested.......

Thanks again !!!

JF
---
Le code source libre c'est l'ouverture de l'esprit.
Open Source is open minded.