Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Wind River has some open linux positions in Kanata

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Wind River has some open linux positions in Kanata
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 20:40:07 -0800 (PST)
Hi Jeff and Jeff,

The Kanata office has just a couple of sys admins, covering Linux, Sun, and Windows.
I think most of their work is on Windows.

As for roles outside of the software development teams, we have customer support and field engineers, but they require embedded software development knowledge, because we sell tools for developers of embedded systems.

There are also technical writers and sales.

Testing is mostly done elsewhere, as is our Java development.

We have a team here that does packaging for one or two of our biggest products.
I think they use Bash, Git, and Clearcase, plus maybe some python and such.
They haven't hired anyone new in a while.

All my very best,
Rob