Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to boot from USB drive to install linux on ASUS ultrabook?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to boot from USB drive to install linux on ASUS ultrabook?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:45:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013, Prof J C Nash (U30A) wrote:

> Most ASUS laptops give boot choice if you hit ESC while splash is showing.  At
> least all my 5 do.

  but all that does is dump me into the BIOS, and let me work my way
to the boot menu, where i can apparently "Create" a new boot entry,
but i have no idea what to add there -- the only example i see is this
long, incomprehensible string that looks like a device identifier, and
i don't know what to do from there.

rday